When it comes to Warranties facts are facts!
Don’t just take your contractors’ “word” … get the real breakdown of warranty coverage from the source. Fast talkers can make you believe that their warranty is comparable or equal to the GAF Golden Pledge Warranty, but it simply is NOT TRUE. Unfortunately some operations will lead you to believe you have a 25 year Warranty coverage with fast talk and lure you in with a cheap price, but this comes with liability that may end up costing you much more in the end.
At Artisan Roofing, we take immense pride in our commitment to quality. This is how we maintain our MASTER ELITE status with GAF, one of ONLY 3 in the province of NB. This is reflected not just in our impeccable workmanship but also in the materials we choose to work with. Our only asphalt choice is GAF, North America’s largest shingle manufacturer. Why? Because GAF’s warranty offerings, especially the Golden Pledge, are unparalleled in the industry.
Recently, our loyal customers have apprised us of some misinformation being spread about roofing warranties. We believe in informed decisions, so let’s set the record straight.
Comparing GAF vs. IKO vs. BP Roofing Warranties
- Manufacturing Defect Coverage:
- GAF stands out with a staggering 50-year full coverage period.
- Both BP and IKO hover around 15-25 years.
- Wind Speed Warranty:
- GAF’s Timberline HDZ shingles have an UNLIMITED wind speed warranty. No matter how fierce the storm, your roof remains protected.
- BP provides a maximum of 220 km/h, while IKO’s ceiling is 210 km/h.
- Algae Staining Warranty:
- GAF guarantees 25 years of protection against algae staining.
- Both BP and IKO offer a mere 10-year warranty.
- Workmanship Coverage:
- GAF leads with a 25-year manufacturer-backed warranty covering installation errors.
- Neither BP nor IKO offer any workmanship coverage, meaning installation-based defects can void their entire warranties.
- With GAF, homeowners enjoy a 20-year free transferability clause.
- BP offers the same duration but charges $100, while IKO offers a shorter 15-year transferability at no cost.
- GAF provides options for closed, open, or California valleys.
- BP limits to open or closed valleys.
- IKO doesn’t support closed-cut valleys at all, allowing only open metal.
- Claims Basis:
- With GAF, your roof doesn’t need to leak for a claim to be valid.
- Both BP and IKO mandate a leak for claims.
- Maximum Payouts:
- GAF offers no maximum payout, calculating the claim at the time of replacement.
- BP’s year 18 payout caps at $45/sq.
- IKO’s calculation becomes complex, often reducing the payout to just a fraction of the replacement cost.
One of the stark differences to note is the lack of workmanship coverage in both IKO and BP warranties. This means, if an issue arises due to faulty installation, homeowners could be left with no protection. GAF’s 25-year manufacturer-backed workmanship warranty fills this critical void.
Furthermore, IKO’s lack of warranty on shingle valleys – the most crucial roof junction – is a significant concern. At Artisan Roofing, we always opt for metal valleys, ensuring top-notch protection and aesthetic appeal.
It’s also worth noting that to qualify for GAF’s Golden Pledge warranty, all roofing accessories we use are upgraded from basic offerings and must be from GAF.
The True Cost of Cutting Corners on Your Roof
When it comes to investing in your home, the roof stands out as one of the most critical components. It’s not just another layer; it’s the shield that protects your family, your belongings, and the structure itself. Thus, considering price alone without weighing in on the quality is a risky endeavour.
It’s tempting to go for a lower price point. Everyone loves a good deal, right? However, with roofing, a dramatically lower price often signals compromised quality, either in materials or workmanship, or both. If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Material Quality & Cost Implications
Not all roofing materials are created equal. Some brands offer premium shingles with enhanced durability, while others might offer subpar products that wear out faster or are more prone to defects. The price difference between these materials often reflects their quality and longevity.
At Artisan Roofing, we’ve chosen to work with GAF not only because of their stellar warranties but also due to the exceptional quality of their materials. When you opt for cheaper alternatives, you might save in the short term but end up paying more in frequent repairs or even a premature replacement.
Installation Expertise Matters
Even the best materials can falter if they’re improperly installed. Roofing is a skill, honed over years of experience. A less experienced or inadequately trained crew might offer lower prices, but they might also make installation errors that compromise the lifespan of your roof.
Our team at Artisan Roofing boasts the MASTER ELITE GAF Certification – a testament to our expertise and commitment to quality installation. Without this certification, you’re essentially banking on an installer’s personal guarantee. What happens if they shut their doors or become unresponsive? You could be left bearing the financial brunt of their mistakes.
With our certification, GAF backs our workmanship, ensuring that you’re protected. GAF’s commitment means that should anything go wrong due to installation errors, they will cover the ENTIRE COST OF REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT. This assurance holds true whether Artisan Roofing is still operating two decades from now or not.
Your roof isn’t just another home improvement project; it’s an investment in the safety and longevity of your home. While everyone has a budget to consider, it’s essential to understand the long-term implications of choosing a lower price point over quality.
Remember, saving a few dollars now could cost you significantly more in the long run. With roofing, it pays to invest in quality materials, expert installation, and warranties that genuinely have your back.
At Artisan Roofing, we don’t cut corners. We choose materials and practices that prioritize durability and customer peace of mind. As the largest residential roofing company in NB, we owe our reputation to our unmatched customer service, superior materials, and a deep understanding of warranties.
Before making a roofing decision, understand the nuances of the warranties on offer. Remember, it’s not just about protecting your roof but securing your home and peace of mind. With GAF’s Golden Pledge, we believe we offer just that.